What is Remind?
What is Remind?
Remind provides a safe way for me to text* you and your students for free**.
What makes Remind safe?
- I will never have access to your students’ phone numbers, and your students will not be able to see my phone number.
- Both Announcements and Chat messages are automatically recorded and archived by Remind. These messages cannot be changed by any party.
- Users have the option to report anything inappropriate to Remind.
Remind is simply a tool for me to use so I can easily communicate with students and parents about class related information in a safe manner.
How might I use Remind?
- Assignment reminders
- Homework reminders (due, what's late/still being accepted)
- Upcoming project or essay due dates
- Upcoming tests/quizzes
- Answer questions regarding an assignment (Chat only)
- Motivational messages (such as quotes about education, reading, perseverance, attitude, etc.)
- Schedule changes (specifically related to school closures)
- Classroom Library (“Please return the following books…”)
- Extra credit opportunities
How often might you receive messages from me?
- I may send a minimum of one message per school day. You may also receive at least one message over the weekend (typically Sunday evening). This means you could receive at least 6 messages a week.
- Most messages will be 140 characters, or less.
- You can unsubscribe at any time.
DON’T WAIT: SIGN UP TODAY!
*You can choose to subscribe to emails instead of texts. Please make sure you use an email account that you check daily.
**Standard text messaging rates apply. If you have unlimited texting, there will be no additional charge on your cell phone bill for using this service.
***Chat is only available for subscribers over the age of 13.