Poetry Study Part 2
Application & Extension
Unit 3: The Language of Poetry
Below, you will find documents/links to our daily lesson materials from class. Please note that not all materials will be posted here. Some stories, presentations, and other assignments/related materials must be picked up from Miss Muhlbaier in class.
Note: You will need Adobe Reader to open these files. Copies of the text will require a password in order to open the file.
-Poetry Critique: What makes a poem good? bad?
Dead Poets Society
-Assignment: Poetry Cafe (to be held on Friday, 12/15)
SEE EXAMPLE PERFORMANCES HERE:
1. Sarah Kay: Tooth Brush to a Bicycle Tire
2. Suli Breaks: There are two kinds of people...
3. Lin-Manuel Miranda: Hamilton Mixtape
4. Billy Collins: To My Favorite 17-Year-Old High School Girl
5. Malcolm London: High School Training Ground
-Giving Poetry a Voice
-"Why study poetry?" Research Paper