Guidelines for Safe Reopening: Fall 2021
1) Universal and Correct Wearing of Masks
At the end of the 2020-2021 school year, Cumberland Regional was requiring masks to be worn by all persons inside the school building. Procedures are in place to deal with students and staff who fail to wear the masks correctly. We will continue these practices if masks are recommended by the Department of Health, the Governor’s Office, and/or the Department of Education.
2) Physical Distancing
Class sizes and number of students are being monitored to allow for social distancing. When that is not possible, we are utilizing larger instructional spaces. Lunches are the greatest concerns. Therefore, we have included an additional lunch period in our daily schedule to allow for social distancing.
3) Handwashing and Respiratory Etiquette
Effective handwashing is encouraged throughout our school for students and staff. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer has been made available throughout the building. While masks are required, respiratory etiquette is maintained. If masks become optional, etiquette will be reviewed with all persons in the building.
4) Cleaning and Maintaining Healthy Facilities
Our entire ventilation system was upgraded in 2019. We also upgraded to stronger filters for our system. Most rooms are on their own filtration system. The building is deeply cleaned each night, which includes fogging. Doors, counters, tables, and most surfaces are cleaned multiple times per day. This all will continue during the 2021-2022 school year.
5) Contact Tracing
Our school is equipped with both a quarantine and an isolation room. They are supervised by our nurses. Our nurses also work with the county health department to complete all contact tracing. Impacted individuals are contacted immediately, and appropriate quarantining periods are enacted.
6) Diagnostic and Screening Testing
All testing is done by outside agencies. Notification comes through our county health department. We stay in close contact with that department to expediate all results, and actions needed. We will continue this practice and procedure during the 2021-2022 school year.
7) Efforts to Provide Vaccinations
Cumberland Regional has worked with our county health department and local health care partners to hold vaccination clinics here at the school for anyone interested in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. We also share via email all opportunities for vaccines within our community.
8) Appropriate Accommodations for Children with Disabilities with Respect to Health and Safety
Our nurses, in consult with our child study team, have reviewed all students with disabilities with respect to health and safety to ensure safe delivery of instruction. We are working with families to determine the best course of action for the 2021-2022 school for safe delivery of instruction. We maintain an open line of communication with said families to ensure fidelity for both safety and instruction.
Instructional Guidebook and Responses to Questions
CRHS has issued an Instructional Guidebook for Hybrid Learning (Guía Instructiva en español), as well as responses to questions that have been asked by students and their families so far related to returning to in-person instruction on Monday, March 1, 2021.
- Cumberland Regional High School began in-person learning through a Hybrid Schedule on Monday, March 1, 2021.
- The new schedule will have students reporting to school at 7:15 a.m., with first block beginning at 7:30 a.m. Student dismissal will be at 11:45 a.m. Students who are remote will start their first-block class online at 7:30 a.m., an hour earlier than the current schedule.
- We will run a Cohort Schedule, in which students on Cohort A will be in person on Monday and Wednesday, and students on Cohort B will be in person on Tuesday and Thursday. Students in Cohort C will be in person Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Students on Cohort D will be fully remote. All students will be remote on Fridays.
- A student’s cohort may have changed from the first semester, so students should verify their cohort in Genesis.
- Please check your schedule in Genesis for classroom assignments for each block. Some changes have been made recently, and all schedules are now up to date.
- Students taking a bus can find their bus number, bus stop location, and pick-up time in Genesis.
CRHS also has prepared a video presentation on classroom expectations in a COVID-19 world (en español).