The Cumberland Regional School District is committed to making our web content accessible to all members of the public, including individuals with disabilities, in compliance with the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and N.J.S.A. 18A:36-35.1. This includes parents, students, employees, and all others associated with our district.
In collaboration with our web hosting provider, Blackboard, our district website is designed and developed in accordance with the internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility (WCAG) Guidelines 2.0 Level AA as well as the Section 508 standards in the United States.
Accessibility in the Blackboard Web Community Manager platform
The Blackboard Web Community Manager platform approaches accessibility in ways including the following:
- Template-based pages and apps provide consistent interactions and user experience across pages
- Allows clients to configure their templates while still remaining within the color contrast ratio
- Provides full support for keyboard navigation
- Text can be resized 200 percent without loss of content or functionality
Best screen reader experience
For the best Web Community Manager (WCM) experience with your screen reader use ChromeTM and Jaws on a Windows® system. On a Mac® use Safari® and VoiceOver.Keyboard navigation
Industry-standard keyboard interactions are used throughout Web Community Manager. Keyboard navigation patterns differ between browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome), but the interactions within any particular browser are common and consistent.
If you are using a Mac with Firefox or Safari and are having difficulty navigating using your keyboard, review and update your operating system and browser settings. This ensures they are properly configured for keyboard navigation. To learn more, see the following information:
If you have a disability that prohibits you from accessing information on our website, please notify our webmaster at email@example.com or 856-451-9400, ext. 209, or by writing to District Coordinator of Grants, Communications, and Special Projects, Cumberland Regional School District, 65 Love Lane, Bridgeton, NJ 08302.
- The URL (web address) of the material you tried to access
- The problem you experienced
- Your contact information, including your name, email address, and telephone number so that we may contact you to provide the information in another format.
The Cumberland Regional School District does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or political beliefs.