About School Counts!
About the Scholarship:
If a student gets four consecutive School Counts! certificates (one per year for four years) they will be eligible to receive a two-year, tuition-free scholarship to Rowan College of South Jersey Cumberland.
How Does a Student Sign Up?
All incoming ninth-graders automatically are registered for the School Counts! program. All they have to do is meet the criteria to qualify for the yearly certificates. If a student does not meet the criteria one year they can still qualify for a certificate the following year, but they will not be eligible for the School Counts! scholarship.
Questions on CRHS student participation in the School Counts! program may be directed to the CRHS Counseling Office at 856-451-9400, ext. 229.
For More Information
For more information, please see Rowan College of South Jersey's website.
School Counts! Criteria and Responsibilities
- Students must be a resident of Cumberland County and obtain School Counts! Certificates from a participating high school.
- The official School Counts! Program certificates and embosser for each year must be used to issue certificates, no exceptions.
- Students transferring mid-year to a School Choice! participating high school can receive the certificate credit for that year if they can document they met the School Counts! criteria at their previous school.
- Students must successfully complete Algebra I in high school.
- A student must maintain a minimum of a C grade in every course from semester to semester to continue to participate in the School Counts! Scholarship program. The final grade on the transcript for each course must be a C or higher. A grade of C- or lower is not acceptable.
- High school students who take classes at RCSJ Cumberland, including Early College High School, Dual Enrollment, or Dual Credit courses, must maintain a minimum of a C in every course to maintain their eligibility to participate in the School Counts! Scholarship program. The final grade on the RCSJ Cumberland transcript for each course must be a C or higher. A grade of C- or lower is not acceptable.
- Students must maintain a 95% attendance and punctuality record for each year of high school.